Tuesday, January 17, 2017

January Layouts By Rachael Funnell

"Good Times"

Hi there everyone!
Rachael with you to share my January inspiration.....
First up I created this mixed media layout "GOOD TIMES" 

These are the awesome 2 Crafty Chipboards I used: 
Chained Heart Frame
Line words Borders - Good times
2016
Bird Set
Anchor

If you have stopped by the 2 Crafty blog to check out my projects before, you
would know how I like to come up with creative ways to use up those negative pieces...  πŸ˜


Well! I have also incorporate the negative pieces from the gorgeous
 Lace Heart frames into my background of my layout, I have covered
them with gesso, then inked the edges to enhance those hearts..
.



I just love πŸ’“ the details this Anchor has and didn't want to lose any of it so!
 I have gave it just a very light coat of gesso....

The Chained Heart Frame, has a coat of gesso, then inked red....

Also I gave this Line words Borders - Good times, a coat of gesso...

The couple of bird's have a couple of layers of gesso.


 You may notice that this bird has a hint of blue? Well I did originally think I would
ink the birds blue, BUT! Once I had placed it on my page, I felt that the bird blended
into the page too much, SO I added another coat of gesso...

I did the same to the 2016 chipboard piece, a coat of gesso then inked with blue,
 but only a few dabs of gesso just to tone down the blue a little....


************
For my second layout I have gone with more pretty and 
a little less mixed media.. πŸ˜‰ 

"Year 6 Farewell" 

For my second page I have used these 2Crafty Chipboard pieces:
Mini School Year Titles  (Year 6)
Beaded hanging Hearts
2016 
Lattice Leaves
Mini word Set 2 ( Precious)
ATC - Tiny Butterflies
Elsa Frame
Whispy Dandelion 

With the Whispy Dandelion it has two layers of gesso...

 Lattice Leaves....

 The couple of Beaded hanging Hearts have a coat of gesso,
then inked with a Sea green color...

ATC - Tiny Butterflies have a coat of gesso & inked the edges black....
..

The Elsa Frame peeking out from underneath photo has a coat of gesso....


Also! inked with black ink is this 2016...


With both wording Year 6 (Mini School Year Titles) and  Precious (Mini word Set 2)
I have given them a coat of gesso and then inked half of the words/number for a two toned look.....



That's it for me this month!!
Thanks for stopping by 
 πŸ˜πŸ’—