Thursday, February 23, 2017

February Inspiration by Ingrid Gooyer

Hello there 2Crafty friends!
Ingrid here today with my two projects for February.
For my first project I altered an alarm clock.
I love the fact that these chippies can be used for any project!

"ALARM CLOCK"

I started this alarm clock by removing all the inside and gave everything a good coat with gesso.
Added some art stones in different sizes.
Used some colors  acrylic paints and gave it a more softer look with some gesso.



The lace border was perfect to go around my clock!
Simply painted the "LacyBorder" with some gesso using a small sponge.


The foliage from the "Foliage Set #1" chipboard piece, also painted with some gesso.


A small "Sharon Butterfly" and some threads for more texture.


Here you can see all the chippies: The lace border around the clock, 
the foliage and the butterflies.


Added paper flowers and some large shiny beads as extra embellishments.


Photo of little me taken from our latest vacation in sunny Greece.


The lovely "Sharon butterfly".


2 Crafty Chipboards used:
Foliage set 1
Lacy Border Set
Sharon Butterflies






For my second project I wanted to show you my family.....
my love....my everything! <3

"FAMILY"

As my girls get older they are choosing their own ways and one girl already has left the nest.
Vacation together therefore was a long time ago but finally we had the chance to go together again! 
So wonderful to go with just the four of us. We had an amazing time! 

For this page I again used a thin canvas board, which holds the paints perfectly.
I created the background by adding some modeling paste using a palette knife.
Added the orange and green colors and made some splatters with the same paints.
Toned it down a bit with some gesso to give it a more softer look.
Just love this technique on my work and I use it almost every time! 
Can't work without my gesso! LOL


The word "family" got a coat of gesso.
Extended the word by using a "Lattice Leaf set" chippie.


The flowers and the small wooden beads.


The small wooden beads are from an old necklace.




The "Ava frame" got a coat of gesso as well.
I like to use a small sponge to coat my chippies.
Simply cut a kitchen sponge in small pieces.


I made the thread flower and 
also painted some green flowers and roses as I was short on my green ones.


2 Crafty Chipboard used:
Ava Frame
Family Loopy Font
Lattice Leaf set




Hope you liked my projects and got inspired!
Enjoy your day! 
Ingrid xxx